Thoughts, Meditations and Card Readings

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Deck: Fantastical Creatures Tarot

Card: Knight of Swords

Here we have a man about to begin his journey. Only he's stopped, freshening up before he goes on what may be an epic quest. He looks forward while his animal companion takes a drink.

While it's easy to identify with the man, I think it's important to identify with the animal in this situation. We're often on journey's in life, whether they're ours or someone else's and often we can forget to take care of ourselves. How many times have I gone without a meal because I'm so busy doing homework? Or being supportive of someone close to me? How many times have I neglected my own needs as a result of the current situation?

This card reminds me of the importance of stopping to drink water. Taking a minute to refresh and recharge. It's better for the journey and all involved in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home