Thoughts, Meditations and Card Readings

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's been a while, hasn't it? Suddenly life got so chaotic that this simple act (which helped keep me sane) was out of place. Over the past two months I've gone through a lot of crazy and in truth this may be just what was missing. Just what was needed to bring me back down to earth.

Deck: Shadowscapes Tarot

Card: Seven of Cups

There is so much that I want for myself. Other worlds, other lands that will be the solution to all of my problems. I live in the future and sometimes forget what the present has to offer. I don't see the love at my fingertips because I want the love that is beyond my reach. I'm concentrating so much on how to get there that I can lose out on what's around me.

This is not an inaccurate statement in the slightest. Ever since going back to school two summers ago, I've very much started living in the future. Looking toward grad school and beyond. I feel that my life is in limbo and it's slowly driving me crazy. I must take time to appreciate the little things in my life, the moments in the here and now. I must spend time with the friends I have, not missing out on their big moments because of my need to study. I must remember my family and not allow them to drift away. I must treasure what's around me because I don't know if I'll wind up at the castle in the sky. I don't know where I'll be in five years or even next year. I have a goal but it's not my only true desire. It's possible that my future is in another castle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home