Thoughts, Meditations and Card Readings

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Deck: Paulina Tarot

Card: The Emperor

There's something sort of dark about this man. He knows his power and he's not afraid to use it.

This is definitely an example of a card reading differently at different times. When the deck was new I looked at this card and saw a strong, powerful figure. Now I see a man who's not shy about abusing his power. I see a man you don't want to cross. Someone sinister.

I've often identified with The Empress. A friend of mine says that whenever she reads for me, that is the card that comes up. In new decks, that is the card I immediately turn to. In a sense I suppose it's logical that at times the Emperor would intimidate me. He is the yang to my yin. The logic to my intuition and the hard work to my comfort. He is the side of myself that I'm less familiar with, the side that I might not like as much. He is my ambition. He is my coldness. He is the part of me that will allow my inner Empress to shine He is the student. He will be the master.

You cannot be one without the other. We must have balance within ourselves. I pull the Emperor as a reminder of that fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home